Multitasking in GoodNotes uses multiple instances or tabs.
6 ways to open Multiple Instances
- Pick an open tab and drag it to where you want your second instance.
- Use the split view icon on the right corner of an open tab.
- Open a new document (on the homepage) into a new instance. Tap the downfacing arrow on the notebook > open it in a new window.
- Pick up a document and drag it to the side.
- Select a specific page to open from the document’s overview. In this window pick and drag the page you want in a new instance.
- iPadOS 15 has improved multitasking on the iPad. That means, you don’t have to rely on the dock to open multiple instances. Find more about how you can do more with multitasking on the iPad.
You can open several tabs in GoodNotes. Under your Settings > Document Editing, you can turn on the option to Open Documents as New Tabs.